Friday, February 18, 2011

Missing the Homeland: Ranch Dressing

Hello,

So life has been rather busy lately and I haven't had much time to update de blog. Apologies.

After four months in Holland I really started to miss Pizza's favorite accessory, Ranch Dressing. I did a quick internet search and found a fast/easy recipe that is BETTER than anything I've ever bought. I really should have been doing this in the States, too....I'm not really one for exact measurements and such, and when cooking I rely heavily on taking a taste here and there as the ingredients come together. Having said that, here is a simple Ranch Dressing recipe:


1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions

In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

This is meant to make 12 servings and the Nutritional Information is:

Amount Per Serving Calories: 153 | Total Fat: 16.6g | Cholesterol: 11mg

*I also added about a half cup of Buttermilk (Karnemelk) and would recommend adding more Buttermilk and less Mayonnaise if you wanted a thinner dressing. Ours was delicious and great for dipping (pizza, veggies, etc.) and could be tossed well with a salad. I'm not a huge mayo fan, and love sour cream; so keep that in mind...everyone's palate is different :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment